Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mission Statement

The purpose of creating this blog is to capture our Transition Team's (TT) deployment to Iraq. I hope it allows the extended family and friends of our team to stay in touch with us while we're executing our mission over the next year. It is my believe that our families play a huge role in the the overall success of the team. The more our families are engaged and knowledgeable of what we are doing, the better off we will all be. We all have a great amount of respect for the sacrifices our families make while we are deployed and the hardships you face many times alone when we are gone.

I also hope this blog serves as a historical record of the team's contributions to Operation Iraqi Freedom and the Global War on Terror. One of my personal goals is to conduct some professional writing reference our exeperience of combat advising. I hope to capture our lessons learned so that in the future it may be useful for others who are given this mission.

Some warnings! First off I have never blogged before so bear with me as I figure out how to do this. My wife and three teenage daughters all have myspace and facebook accounts but I have never used them. Next I will have to ensure our blog is in accordance with all regulations and orders the army has established and that none of our posts violate operational security or put anyone in harm's way at risk. And lastly I am a native Texan. My writing style is based on being in the army for the last twenty one years. We are taught the concept of "bottom line up front" as the basis of the army writing style, don't waste time with flowery words, etc.

In closing I look forward to telling Team Punisher's story via this blog. I hope someone out there enjoying visiting it.

v/r
Bobby Toon
"Punisher 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment